Get current news, industry tips and helpful information
InfoExpress Secures BYOD Deployments, Mobile Devices, and Guest Access with Agentless Device Profiling and NAC Platform
CGX from InfoExpress Offers Superior Device Visibility, Support for Popular Mobile and Computing Devices and Option to Enforce With No Agents and No Network Changes
Mountain View, Calif., February 13, 2013 – InfoExpress, an enterprise Network Access Control (NAC) solutions provider for mobile computing and secure Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) networks, announced today the availability of InfoExpress CGX. The next generation device security platform delivers agentless BYOD, guest access, device profiling and MDM deployment to WLAN and LAN environments.
CGX delivers real-time device tracking, detects policy violations by devices, and correlates users to devices. It also provides agentless management for simplified deployment, while supporting agents for deep inspection and control of managed endpoints with support for popular operating systems including Windows, Mac OS X, Android, iOS and Linux.
CGX is easy to deploy and manage, powered by InfoExpress’ patented NAC technology that offers the broadest range of enforcement methods on the market. The heart of CGX is its policy management system that enables administrators to easily configure policies that keep track of users and their devices, and react appropriately to security incidents. These actions reduce costs and increase productivity by automating registration processes, remediating devices, alerting administrators and notifying users of corrective actions.
CGX is a next generation device access management solution that provides device visibility, deep inspection and control. Specific benefits, include:
• Streamline BYOD – CGX provides automated self-onboarding to reduce IT involvement with registration and configuration, and improves security by tracking user devices and enforcing BYOD policy.
• Enhance MDM – CGX simplifies mobile device enrollment and adds real-time device management to third-party MDM solutions.
• Guest Access – CGX lets sponsors register guests or authorizes guests to create their own accounts. The simplified process gives guests network role-based access while ensuring network security.
• Policy Abuse Protection – CGX monitors devices for policy violations and notifies administrators or performs automated actions, such as restricting the device. Continuous checks include device or credential sharing, unusual access patterns and usage of stolen devices.
• Device Profiling – CGX automatically profiles devices, identifies OS and device type and determines the user. The information can be used to control access, flag devices for review and monitor for access compliance.
• Advanced Endpoint Compliance and Enforcement – CGX provides out-of-band and in-band access control and supports multiple enforcement methods, including 802.1x. CGX can perform deep inspection of the device to determine OS version, posture, platform and automatically remediates non-compliant devices based on policies.
• Increased Visibility – CGX analyzes information from various data sources providing a complete picture of the network.
• Next Generation Policy Manager – Simple to create, yet powerful policies that include time, user, location and posture used to manage network access, administrator notifications, endpoint remediation, and device configuration.
InfoExpress network security solutions improve the productivity and security of enterprise networks and the endpoints connecting to them. The company has provided Network Access Control solutions since 2002. The privately held company is headquartered in Mountain View, California. For more information, please visit www.infoexpress.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Andrew Miller on behalf of InfoExpress